We are a Year 4 Class at Woodford Primary School. We hope you will enjoy reading our blog as we journey through this next year. You can find information about this term and some activities on the additional pages. We hope they are useful.

Friday 16 September 2011

Roman Soldiers take over Woodford

Claudius Maximus of the Roman Army at Isca (Exeter) came to drill his new Roman Army at Woodford Primary School. Discipline was fierce. The soldiers were drilled in their conturburniums under the strict command of Claudius. They were drilled in their kit and working together as a unit. A battle between the soldiers and the Celts was a foregone conclusion! Despite the Romans being outnunbered by the Celts, they were no match for the might of the Roman army and their superior battle tactics. Stimulli and javelins held back the celtic charge and in the end the battlefield was a mass of Celtic bodies!






6 comments:

  1. I loved roman day it was super fab!When I went in to the hall I thought I was going to burst!from Maisie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Roman day was the BEST!My favorite thing was the battle!Imogen x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,mueseum thank you for showing us things from the plymouth city mueseum.from matthew

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it when I had my roman day. It was brill x from olivia jones willow ps. I hope my lil Sis zoo enjoyed the day to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe not zoo from Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roman day was brilliant, I enjoyed the timeline with all year 4 standing up and saying their speeches and the battle

    ReplyDelete

Followers